window.location.replace("http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/?b2w=http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-fashion-whats-hot.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

SPring FasHion, What's hot??!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Debbiedoo's: SPring FasHion, What's hot??!

Debbiedoo's

Diy, thrifty home decor decorating ideas on a budget. Painting furniture, stenciling projects. Turning trash to treasure.

Friday, March 12, 2010

SPring FasHion, What's hot??!



http://bellapetite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Spring-Fashion-Trends-for-2010-300x139.jpg

According to this season's report, vibrant brights add a sense of excitement to the palette, especially when set against practical neutrals that provide a safety net for cautious consumers.Spring and summer naturally evoke feelings of calm ocean waters and tranquil beach vacations in cool, vibrant, tropical Turquoise. This soothing hue from the blue-green family conjures feelings of escape, especially when paired with Amparo Blue. With more warmth than the typical spring navy, this particular shade of blue is extremely appealing because of its brighter, more energetic attitude. Like the scent of a blossoming flower, Violet lends a romantic air to the warm-weather palette. This intriguing purplish hue is a distinctive addition to any wardrobe. Do you feel color affects your mood?  What is your favorite color?  Perhaps if these colors below are not your norm.....step outside the box, see how they make you feel!~ I love these colors and will wear them all season.  I have very little black in my closet....in fact when I wear black, yes it may make you feel thinner, however, I do not feel it sets my mood as bright.http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFjh2SlA3NFVDM2hHRm1YanltQXp6TkEAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg 

I would have to say all these colors inspire me, they look so pretty, and you have to feel fresh and happy when you wear them! I do believe color effects your mood!http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFldKOFA1SWNDM2hHNGhuMXg3UnJiVGcAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpghttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFmlDb1QyNFlDM2hHanRXQnZlRE1NSHcAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpghttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnBoZC1fVUw4M1JHakFVdi1tcXFRMEEAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpgAnd let's not forget our eye makeup! Make that fun and fresh this season as well....it really only takes a second to have a fresh face on....and don't forget our eyes are the windows to our soul...one of the first things people notice about you!~:)

  • Prepare the eyelid, ensure that the eyelids are oil-free. This is to prevent the eye shadow from melting into the eyelid crease throughout the whole day. Start putting the eye shadow base or the so-called primer on the eyelid.
  • Any color for eyeliner will do. You can choose from the usual colors of gray, brown or black for your smoky eyes. The application of eyeliner should be on the upper lash line and a thicker line in the middle of the eye.
  • Blend in more colors of eye shadow on the bottom eye lashes. This will give a full smudge effect for the eyes.
  • The best light base color for smoky eyes are cream, shimmery and light shades such as pearl or taupe color.
  • Keep the dark color below the crease while blending in the darker color. A darker eye shadow shade will give the smoky effect for the eye. To do this, use an eye shadow brush starting at the lash line.
  • For a more volumizing effect, put some several coats of mascara.
  • I love to play with makeup, no fuss, and it only takes a second to have a great fun look! I hope these colors and some tips and tricks inspire you all to Have a Happy Spring and Summer new look!
  • Did you notice my blog is most of these colors....and I truly did not know these where the 2010 color choices...I just know what I like:)

http://bellapetite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Spring2010ColorTrends.jpg

Color, without our realizing it, can have a profound effect on how we feel both mentally and physically. Dr. Morton Walker, in his book The Power of Color, suggested that the ancient Egyptians as well as the Native American Indians used color and colored light to heal.  

 Blue represents peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, cold, technology, and depression. 

Black is the absence of light and therefore, of color. It represents power, sexuality, sophistication, formality, elegance, wealth, mystery, fear, evil, anonymity, unhappiness, depth, style, evil, sadness, remorse, anger, underground, good technical color, mourning and death.
These are important to keep in mind in order to create the mood you are seeking. 

Green one of most-often cited favorite colors. It represents nature, environment, health, good luck, renewal, youth, vigor, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience, envy, misfortune.
 Orange is a combination of yellow and red. Orange is considered a warm color like red, but to a lesser extent; orange expresses energy. It has luminous qualities and has been used for attention-getting purposes, such as on caution signs.

 Purple represents royalty, spirituality, nobility, ceremony, mystery, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning. Purple is considered an exotic color. 

Red is the color that we pay the most attention to. It is the warmest and most energic color in the spectrum.
We associate red with love, valentines, danger, desire, speed, strength, violence, anger, emergency exit signs, stop signs and blood.
Red can evoke a fight-or-flight response, raise blood pressure and make the heart beat faster.

White is what we see when all colors come together in perfect balance.
It represents reverence, purity, simplicity, cleanliness, peace, humility, precision, innocence, youth, birth, winter, snow, good, sterility, and marriage.  

Yellow represents joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, gold, philosophy, dishonesty, cowardice, betrayal, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness, hazard, spirtuality and inspiration. 
 
The yellow rose is a symbol of friendship, less passionate or threatening than red ones.  So tell me what is your favorite color to wear?









Labels: , ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Cute photos from Polyvore! I love going to that site! I wear mostly black because I feel comfortable in it - . I could wear the same thing every day - jeans & a t-shirt. I do like to wear colorful accents, though, like a green or red scarf,etc. My oldest daughter (the one with 190 tops)always has to wear something different- she also wears fun makeup & changes her hair styles daily. That's too much work for me.

March 12, 2010 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love color and those are some pretty ones. I always get comments when I wear pinks. I think it is because the undertones in my skin is pink so the clothes bring that out.

March 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Christie Cottage said...

I like to wear bracelets. Thta's about as exciting as I get! LOL

Eye shadow...I wear mascara, sometimes a two brush strokes of blush, but lipstick I do wear. My MOm and sister have given me so mush lipstick I would have to live to 150 years to use it all!

LOL

Have a great weekend!



http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

March 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger ~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Gorgeous outfits put together! They look comfortable enough for me, but as far as make-up goes, I only need eye liners, and lipstick..

Wonderful post, Debbie..

March 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

Well, I can't say that I'm all into fashion and makeup, but I do like bright cheery colors on women. Unless they're all dressed up nice, then black looks the best.

March 12, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Leiah said...

Thanks for stopping by my place today. I'm your newest follower and girl, you ain't evah lied about manners today. Have a great weekend!

March 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger linda said...

i love colors it makes me fell alive in the summer i like pinks and i do love yellow it is so cheery .cant wait for summer to wear happy clothing:)

March 12, 2010 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I love, love, love your spring fashion trends for 2010, Debbie and what a fun site!

Liesl :)

March 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Haverford House said...

Debbie, This is great, I need to add some color to my wardrobe ~ I wear black too much! Have a great weekend! ~Marcy

March 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I don't know what happened but have of what you wrote is cut off?? Anyhow even with out words i'm loving the outfits and colors!! ;)

March 12, 2010 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Debbiedoos said...

Must be your screen Angie because it is full on mine.....

March 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi debbie, thanks for all the makeup tips.I love all the pretty colors for spring...Kathy

March 12, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Momma Fargo said...

Following you back! South Carolina is beautiful...one of my favorite states. Your boys are adorable!

March 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Marice said...

i so heart spring colors! so light and lively :) you can have a shining aura just by wearing those :)

March 12, 2010 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Susan Cook said...

Love the colors. I don't really wear eyeshadow much though, but usually just stick to boring colors. Should try to break out of that.

Love the colors of your blog layout! TY for following me - following you too :)

March 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

OhhhHHHhhh! I love your blog -- this post was so fun and flirty! Thanks for the sweet words on my blog desgin :) I am all about "impression" - glad you noticed! Following you back -- Happy Friday!

March 12, 2010 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Jemsmom said...

Love all the colors and styles. I adore that blue top at the bottom. Blue is my favorite color and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. I think it is because I have really light blue eyes and it makes them stand out more. I wear makeup and love trying new things with my eyes. There is a great blog by Kandee Johnson. She is a makeup artist and has great videos on her blog and youtube to give you new ideas on makeup and to see it in action!

March 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I don't know what's hot for spring but I'm fairly sure it's not what I'm wearing right now:) I've worn thick black eyeliner for so many years now and no matter what the fashion is, I'm not ever giving my black eyeliner up!

March 12, 2010 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

I'm usually drawn to shades of brown. I think I read somewhere that it's not a good choice, in terms of color psychology ... lol. Oh well....

I loved your Mission Inspiration post. It's always fun to stop by and see what you've been up to. Always interesting!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Bill

March 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM  
Anonymous veterankindergartenteacher said...

My favorite colors are blue and green. I wear lots of black though...because it makes me look skinnier than I am...lol

March 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Loved the sound of this post! Very mood elevating:)

I once wrote a post on how colors affect me- you could read it here if you like http://my-brain-works-over-time.blogspot.com/2010/01/color-therapy-works-all-time.html

Thank you so much for the eye make-up tips. I've never really dared to try anything except eye-liner. But, this sounds fun!

March 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Velvet Over Steel said...

I think my the colors in the second set of pictures (mostly Pinks) is what I have. Hummm maybe I need to to expand my horizons some more. lol
Great post! Have a great weekend, Debbie!! :-) ~ Coreen

March 12, 2010 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Kristy K said...

I get the most compliments when I wear colors, no matter how skinny I look in the black :). Good post!

March 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger xinex said...

I like the combination of green and orange very much, Debbie...Christine

March 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Phyllis @Around the House said...

Everything looks comfortable and colorful, I like the makeup colors too....Phyllis

March 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

My favorite color to wear is black.

My favorite 'punch of color' is red.

And I no longer wear makeup.


I'm not swayed by fashion trends. And I'm retired so I don't have to pull myself together M-F any longer. ;)

March 13, 2010 at 5:46 AM  
Blogger Milena Barrett said...

Following you back- great photos- nice blog!

March 13, 2010 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Melissa Miller said...

Oh I love this color post Debbie! Color is so important in our lives that is for sure. I love red and all warmth in color.

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

March 13, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Mommie Daze said...

I love to wear pink. It makes me feel girlie. And it's great for spring.

March 13, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home