window.location.replace("http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/?b2w=http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2011/10/craft-and-home-decorating-ideas.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

Craft and home decorating ideas {Homerama in Charlotte, NC}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Debbiedoo's: Craft and home decorating ideas {Homerama in Charlotte, NC}

Debbiedoo's

Diy, thrifty home decor decorating ideas on a budget. Painting furniture, stenciling projects. Turning trash to treasure.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Craft and home decorating ideas {Homerama in Charlotte, NC}

When a friend asked me to go to the Homerama, I was excited to go along.  
I had first heard about it through a  blogging friend Cindy....she took complete home tour pics you may love to see. 
(I am just sharing some crafts I spied)
  Baxter village is only 10 minutes away from me, so it was a fun fast trip to head on up.

The homes we toured were all in the upper 500,000's and up.  Of course way out of my price range.
I loved a lot of their craft idea's and we can all afford to do most.


If you recall I just did something like this with an old Goodwill mirror.  This sat pretty in a dining room area....all dressed up for Fall.


This next idea my gal pals and I decided we are having a small burlap party.
We are making these placemats for the holidays, and I have a small twist to add to them...they are so cute and so simple.


Each one had a different saying.
Next,
Here is something my Mom used to do, hang baskets all over the kitchen walls...
I really love this idea and forgot all about it until today.




How about cute lamp embellishing? This looked like a simple butterfly patch..
easy peasy.


My friend Mary has two daughters and she loved this idea.  How easy, craft hoops, material,
and felt.

Just adorable for a girls room.


Such fun colors in here too.  I spy an OWL.
{Bathroom}

Pretty apothecary jars filled...

{Laundry room}


This looked really cute.  Just some simple craft trims rolled in  to flowers and then some streaming down.


Adorable.

How about a pantry like this girls?
Loved the wrap around wine rack with the chalk boards.


this idea is so easy too..these were just wood letters painted.  You can buy them inexpensive with coupons and make your own wall art just the same for a nursery.


I spy another owl...

Well that about wraps it up.  I certainly can't afford the house, but I can afford the crafts!
So let's get busy!
{Us girls getting silly and comfy in a media room}

Thanks for stopping by.
See you later on tonight for the newbie party.

Labels: , , ,

37 Comments:

Blogger People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

So many great ideas in one place! Looks like fun, Debbie!

October 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love home tours. Those are some cute ideas. Cute top!

October 23, 2011 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Now that's a lot of inspiration Deb, I can't wait to see what YOU come up with!! Loved the name craft in the girls room, I think I might try that one. You sure do get a lot of house down their for $500,000 those houses would sell for over a million here! Martina

October 23, 2011 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

PS- GREAT pic of you girls:)

October 23, 2011 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Don't you just love going through those model homes. Such decorating inspirations. Looks like you girls had a blast.

October 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger NanaDiana said...

Oh Debbie-It looks like you had such a fun time with your friends. I love the crafts...that burlap placemat idea is so cute. And I think the girls could make those rolled fabric flowers for their Mom for Christmas and give her a little framed piece.

I KNEW your Mom and I had something in common...I was a basket on the wall gal too...for many years...and now it is funny to see it return! xo Diana

October 23, 2011 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Great ideas you've shared Debbie!
What a great pic of you and your gal pals.
You are adorable.

October 23, 2011 at 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful crafts and beautiful girls

October 23, 2011 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Pretty photos, I spied some burlap in there and could see your wheels turning. LOL

October 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Great ideas! LOVE that pantry!

Smiles,
Carol

October 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Grammy Goodwill said...

I never thought of home tours as decorating inspiration. (Can you tell I've never been on one?) There were so many good ideas. I like the burlap placemats, but I also liked the off-the-corner placement of the napkins. In my former house, I had all my small/medium Longaberger baskets on my kitchen wall. It bothered my best friend/Longaberger consultant that I wasn't using them. This house doesn't have enough wall space, so I'll still looking for places to use them.

October 23, 2011 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Formerly known as Frau said...

Great craft ideas.....gorgeous house love love love the pantry!

October 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great decorating ideas these homes provided! Really like the tree with the owl painted on the girl's bedroom wall.

October 23, 2011 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I LOVE home tours, thanks for taking us along! Many great ideas! Love your top, yo are so stinkin CUTE! XO, Pinky

October 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger linda said...

looked like you had a great time love the Baxter Village homes the bulap mats are so cute great pic with your friends .ps yes the baskets on the wall it was cheap to do and did look cute remember when:)

October 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Everything was so pretty. I love going to home shows. Thanks for sharing those pretty pics with all the great ideas.

October 23, 2011 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

Love the pic of all of you!! How fun! I remember when we used to hang baskets on the walls ~ completely forgotten about it. Everything returns doesn't it? Lots of great craft ideas ~ lovin' those place mats.

Thanks for sharing your fun day!
xo
Pat

October 23, 2011 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

Love the pic of all of you!! How fun! I remember when we used to hang baskets on the walls ~ completely forgotten about it. Everything returns doesn't it? Lots of great craft ideas ~ lovin' those place mats.

Thanks for sharing your fun day!
xo
Pat

October 23, 2011 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I love the baskets on the wall. What a simple way to add texture and interest. The lampshade is a great idea, and I'm going to be giving it a try, with a few of my own embellishments.
Loved the tour, Debbie!
~ Wendi ~ xo

October 23, 2011 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

There were some great ideas there! Thanks for taking us along with you!

October 23, 2011 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Terriea Kwong said...

Thanks for taking us the tours. So pretty and inspring. The pictures of flowers with trims falling is adorable. You all are sweet.

October 23, 2011 at 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some great ideas indeed - thank you so much. I loved the glass with the sea shells.

October 23, 2011 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger bj said...

Oh, boy...I can see ya'll had a great time....all of you are looking so pretty...:))

October 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

I've loved going to Homarama's in the past~The homes are so inspirational! Thanks for sharing some wonderful ideas and would love to participate in a burlap party, for sure!

October 23, 2011 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Kristens Creations said...

Thank you Debbie...sure wish those mums would last!

This house has some great ideas! I've been noticing all of the cute owls lately. All the stores are carrying them.

Great pic of you and your friends!

October 23, 2011 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Icy BC said...

It sure is a beautiful home, and fun craft ideas too.

October 23, 2011 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thanks Debbie, they were great ideas! Can't wait to see your burlap placemats!

Carol

October 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger reFresh reStyle said...

I love home tours! Thanks for taking me along!

Debbie

October 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks for sharing the home tours! There really are some fantastic ideas to try out.

OK, I am so jealous of that pantry, I could cry! lol

October 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

What fun ideas! Home tours are the best. Thanks for sharing :) Have a great week!

October 24, 2011 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That looks like a fun trip! I used to have baskets on my walls as well. Lots of great ideas. Time to get crafty!

October 24, 2011 at 1:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So much fun! Hey, I'm dropping by 'cause another blog said you're hosting a burlap party soon. If you are, can you let me know when? I've kinda been on a burlap binge lately :D

October 24, 2011 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Natalie Pozniak said...

I love those place mats. I really need to find those. Have a great week

October 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Rose and Heather said...

What an awosome Job! I would love it if you came and linked up at my blog link Party Crafty Lassie Tuseday http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/
Rose

October 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

burlap party?? Are you having a blogger's burlap party??? When .....?? Or did I read it wrong? If I did, let's do one. :) I bet those home tours get all their ideas from the bloggers? Great photo of you girls! xo

October 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Debbie, it's always fun to explore an open house. Love the cute burlap place mats with the different sayings. Cute idea. Looks like you and the girlfriends had a great time. ~ Sarah

October 26, 2011 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Debbiedoos said...

This is my old BLOG

February 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home