window.location.replace("http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/?b2w=http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2010/03/hippie-chick-wannabe.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

Hippie Chick wannabe~! LasT summer, to This SUmmer Bedroom REdO

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Debbiedoo's: Hippie Chick wannabe~! LasT summer, to This SUmmer Bedroom REdO

Debbiedoo's

Diy, thrifty home decor decorating ideas on a budget. Painting furniture, stenciling projects. Turning trash to treasure.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hippie Chick wannabe~! LasT summer, to This SUmmer Bedroom REdO

My bedroom is my favorite project I have done so far this Spring, and I wanted to share. It is also my favorite room in our home. I feel I really stepped outside the box in here, and went a little more colorful than most would choose for a Master bedroom. I wanted the room to feel hip and Fun...after all a bedroom should not only be a retreat....it should have a little edge to it as well. I am joining the party over at http://www.thisphotographerslife.com, and was so excited to see the awesome giveaway as well.      I was born in the 60's! However I never got to experience what all the hippies did back then.  I remember my Mom wearing huge bell bottom Jeans, fun hair (wigs where big then) loud tops and just being groovy....http://images.halloweencostumeideas.com/sexy-hippie-girl-dress.jpgInstead I grew up in the 80's where the hair was big.....the bangs where over curled, and the earring where hoop a maniaville...every color shape and size...and yes I had them all. I think I had just about every item down below...even boots like that.  It was cool but not as cool as the hippie days!
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnFCQ1RUcGhsM2hHX210Q2tCanlOZHcAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpgI recently underwent a seasonal bedroom change, as I like to change it up...makes me feel good! Well this time I went a little outside the box.  It all started on line when I was looking for a comforter.  I saw a pretty one at an Anthropologie and decided I would go take a look.  Well first off at 300.00 it really was not in my budget, but still I wanted to see it.  We got to the store and I loved the colors, hated the pattern...way too busy.  However it still was leading me in the color direction I wanted.  Well we headed over to pottery barn, and they where have a 50% off sale on some of their drapery panels.  I saw these pretty linen, lined yellow ones, and I only needed two.  So at 35.00 a panel I scooped them up.  Now what to do with yellow panels.  At first I was going to add my brown or cream coverlet and work from there.  Well yesterday I had to run into Walmart as I alway do.....and I happen to pass the bedding section.  Much to my surprise I see a line of Better Home and Gardens comforters....they where just putting them out.  I asked the sales associate how much the King set was....and again to my surprise, including the bedskirt and shams a whopping $80.00! Now you think it must be crap right? Wrong this set is so beautiful I can't even believe they can sell it at that price.  The flowers look hand painted.  Well off I went on my new bedroom re-do mission.  The next day I happen to be in Target, and I see this pillow...well that was it for me, it was calling my name! Hope you enjoy my bedroom re-do as much as I do! It says Happy Spring, Happy summer, Hippie chick wannabe!!~

This was last summers Bedroom...looking back now, kinda hum drum, and the plates looked stupid? Do you ever do that look back at hairstyles, clothes, home decor choices and say what was I thinking? Yep that is my like every other month!~
And here is my current bedroom....I love it so much more! Of course, next year I will say what was I thinking LOL!~
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5tOA2F7YKT4/S-LW9DO26lI/AAAAAAAACWE/mD5Qifz7qNI/s640/100_2394.JPG

 
My cool hippie chic pillow!

 
These are copper candle urns I bought also from Walmart last year. I filled them with fresh citrus oranges and twigs, and also added a little orange flower pot, it smells so good.  The dessert plates I have had a long time, they have been just about everywhere in my house except in the cupboard!
This light was in my guestroom...way too cute for me not to have it in my room!

New lined curtain burlap panels from pottery barn


Gotta love the pillow!
 
Something special my hubby bought when we where dating...such a romantic guy!


Pretty wreath I made for my door off the bedroom


  
I have included my Winter bedroom, I called that golden romance.

Labels: ,

50 Comments:

Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Debbie, once again ...Very Nice! You always do a great job. I love that lamp that was in your guest room. Looks pretty in yours. Walmart has had some nice things lately & quality, as you said. I bought some very inexpensive towels there for my girls bath because they ruined the $$ ones I bought for them a year ago. They have well! I also just purchased some dish towels. I love their Canopy line.
Love the new pillows, too.

March 3, 2010 at 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie!

I AM open-mouthed! I am plain jealous. I'm coming to live in your house! Do you cook fun food too? If yes, there's NO STOPPING ME!

Your bedroom makes me want to cave in! BEAUTIFUL JOB!

March 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Amy Prikazsky said...

Everything looks so amazing! Will you come re-do my house:) Lol!
Thanks for sharing! I loved looking at the pictures! My mouth was drooling the whole time! Lol!
Hope you have a great Wed!

March 3, 2010 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Matty said...

You might have a future in the interior decorating business. Maybe your own show on the HGTV network called; Million Dollar Look on a Budget.

I think the orange and yellows really brighten up a room, and give it that spring/summer feel. You've done a nice job there.

And I'm a Walmart/Target shopper too. It's surprising the things you can find there at a decent price.

March 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Debbie, I love that new bedding. Wow, that was a fantastic buy. Great yellow panels and super pillows. Looks great!

March 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

It looks gorgeous, so light and bright and springy!

March 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Jemsmom said...

Love it!!! Love Walmart!!!! Love how you put it all together to make it look so not Walmartish!!!! I know that isn't a real word, but hey, you know what I mean!!! They really do have some nice bedding there. I have had my eye on a cream, chocolate, and blue striped bedding there for my beachy/comfy guest room. I may just go do it!!! You truly do inspire!

March 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Erin said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I cannot believe how this all came together for you. It just goes to show it was meant to be! I love everything in that room, but have to advise you on one thing...He was giving you a hint with that naked couple statue! You have fabulous taste and it shows that you can put a smart room together if you keep your eyes open!

March 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Debbie you did a fantastic job! No one would've ever guessed Wal-Mart! I love how you continue to think out of the box.

March 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Diann @ the Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Debbie!

Oh you bedroom looks wonderful! I love those new yellow panels! Everything has a fresh, warm inviting look! thank you for sharing it with us!

March 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Debbiedoos said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, I do appreciate you taking the time to stop over today!!~ This room was a re-do for less than $200.00!

March 3, 2010 at 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie, you have out-done yourself, this looks fantastic,lovin' the door open with the wreath you made,
I don't know who to compare you too,maybe Martha Stewart, or Candice Olson from "Divine Design".

March 3, 2010 at 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O' yeah, I was a
hippie-something-or-other!!!!

March 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Debbie! How cute! I love that hippie chick look! Hey...I think I had a mini dress in that print! lol Great bargain hunting! Happy week!...Debbie

March 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new bedding, I saw it in a Magazine, for Walmart, it is beautiful, but what I really love is the Pottery Barn, linned Drapery Panels. Also, I love tha green plate you put on the wall, everything you have looks great, but these are a few of my favorte things. you are a Great Happy Home Maker to me, and as Martha Stewart would say, That's a good thing. God Bless You and your home!!!

March 3, 2010 at 5:34 PM  
Anonymous kristina said...

Oh I Likey very much!

:+)

March 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger The Barnett Family said...

WOW....I am going thru the hippie phase too...except mine is peace signs....jewelry, my Lucky Brand purse, peace sign hangin off the rear-view mirror...mostly jewelry!!!! Love the urns and lamps. I have the same urn but mine is in black. Great mines think alike. Thanks for stopping by. We do have a lot in common! :) Grooovveeeyyy!!!Peace!

March 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Debbie, I just had my eye on this same set!!! Now I know it looks good!!! You did a great job. I have almost the same color bedroom walls as you, too. Don't you love the Better Homes and Garden line?! I like the pillow from Target, too. Thanks for sharing...Michelle

March 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger Costea said...

I like hippie bedroom untold. :)

March 3, 2010 at 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie, it looks awesome! Makes me want spring even more. I love the way you mixed up the patterns and the beautiful colors. I think combining patterns as you did takes true talent and creativity. I also love that you did this on a budget that is realistic for a lot of people. You chose your finds from different stores and they all look wonderful together! Fantastic Debbie!

March 3, 2010 at 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie your bedroom looks beautiful!!!! I just saw a commercial for the new Better Home and Garden line and they advertised your comforter and i thought it was so pretty not to mention I LOVE yellow! I also love how you accessorized your dresser and filled those pretty candle holders. Another Great Job Martina

March 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Beautiful room!
I got married in the 70's and had that orange/brown/gold going on..I hate it! Still have a few orange dust rags..man those towels were made well then!
Thanks for visiting me, I love hearing from you!

March 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I love it!! The colors go so well together!!

March 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger xinex said...

I LOVE IT, Debbie! I like hippy days and was forntunate to experience the era, not too much in the free spirit and LSD but using the clothing. I used to dress in minis and wet look boots, long hair with long bangs, op art, etc. lol. Those pillows are gorgeous and the beddings are so pretty with beautiful colors. What a great deal!..Christine

March 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Hi Debbie- your room looks gorgeous- and I LOVE the lamp you brought in- perfect!

March 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YOUR BEDROOM IS SO COOL. great job!!!
I'll be back tomorrow for the funny picture link :P

March 3, 2010 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Anita Diaz said...

Love the new bedroom!! I love all the color in there...it seems like you--happy!!

March 3, 2010 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger ~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Oh Debbie, what a beautiful and relaxing bedroom. They do come together to shout out spring..

March 4, 2010 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Christie Cottage said...

Great items here. The pillows are cool!





*****

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2010/03/win-it-wednesday-new-giveaway.html

March 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger linda said...

every thing looks so nice so happy and fresh but i have a problem with one thing i demand you put that cute lamp back in the guest room when i come to visit:)

March 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Screaming Meme said...

I love your home! It is beautiful! I'm Meme from Screaming Meme...It is so nice to meet you! If you get a chance, stop in and say Hello! Meme

March 4, 2010 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Tausha said...

I LOVE your pillows. I LOVE LOVe THEM! great job on the room!

March 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I LOVE the pillow. Gorgeous. The room is fun and would make me smile everytime I went in it.

March 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I was born in 1960 and dressed up with friends as hippies on Halloween...fun colors and styles. Your spring bedroom is gorgeous.

March 4, 2010 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Love these photographs. Will be back. Cheers, Lia

March 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Debbie, I was born in the 60's too, and always loved my Moms COOL clothes. Being a teenager in the 70's was fun, and looking back the 80's were a riot, thanks for the blast from the past! The lamp you brought from your guest room is so pretty! Bella

March 4, 2010 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Oh I love this room!!! Everything about it... The warm accent colors, the super cute pillows, the wreath on the door... The list goes on!!! Fabulous job! :)

I have those same urns from Walmart. :)

March 5, 2010 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Susan Freeman said...

Hi there hippie chick wanna be. You may have been born too late to be an official hippie, but you have great style. Groovy baby!

Love and Peace,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

March 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hi. Thanks for following me. I'm following you now too. I'll be back soon. I love your room.

March 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Janice said...

Love your bedroom...love the style and the colors. You have awesome style!

March 7, 2010 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger iheartsunnydays said...

Wow - there are so many things I love about this post! The orange flower cushion, the lamp, infact everything!!

April 9, 2010 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Wow I love all the color! You did such a great job! Thanks so much for posting this on Favorite Things Friday!

April 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I am in love with your bedding choices. There is no other way to wake up in that bed but happy. Good job girl!

April 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Jane@Little House of Projects said...

I love the color combination!

April 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

One word: WOW!!

April 22, 2010 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger bj said...

Oh, gosh...this is fantastic. Such a lot of color...you did good, girl.

April 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Debra from Bungalow said...

Your old bedroom was very nice and I didn't think the plates looked stupid at all.

Your new bedroom is rockin! So bright and cheerful and GROOVY. Perfect for Summer.

Thanks for joining in and linking up to the partay.

April 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

What a fun room. The colors and patterns are GROOVY. That's Hippy done right,

Cheri

April 25, 2010 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Love your bedroom! So much character and warmth!! Your house has to be a happy place!!

May 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun spin on an unusual color palatte. I'm guessing you started with the bedding and worked off of that. It all just ties together wonderfully. The single biggest update look to me were the window treatments. Love what you have chosen.
Nicely done.
Pam

June 23, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home