window.location.replace("http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/?b2w=http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2010/07/be-guest-lots-of-fun-changes.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

Be our GUest? Lots of fun changes!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Debbiedoo's: Be our GUest? Lots of fun changes!

Debbiedoo's

Diy, thrifty home decor decorating ideas on a budget. Painting furniture, stenciling projects. Turning trash to treasure.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Be our GUest? Lots of fun changes!

 http://www.shadesoflight.com/inspired-spaces/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/drum-shade-pendant.jpg
 I have had this old gold lamp that was a gift from my Mom many years ago, about 13 to be exact.  I decided it was outdated and in need of  a change.  Not sure as to what I wanted exactly, I started off with my color choices. First I wanted to show you some inspiration lamp shades....
http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/lampshade-de.jpg
THis is so cute, I really love the pattern and the simple ribbon and pretty flower. This was my inspiration to the poppy lamp I redid in my kitchen. HERE you can see that makeover.
http://www.homeworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/shelly-and-wanda.jpg
This is a fantastic website I found with so many inspiring ideas.....http://www.homeworkshop.com
Now that I have shown you some really cute fun ideas, here is what I came up with.  I started with this BEFORE
 Pretty lamp, however my guest room is kinda fun and whimsy like...this really does not fit the bill.......soooooo......after two days of thinking what I wanted.....I decided to dress it up Like ME!~ I created my very own personal lamp shade dressed up the way I love to dress....I dig the Bohemian styles and have always felt kinda hippieish.....this lamp took me a long time to do.  Although not perfect, I was OK with that, because hippies really do not look all neat and tailored all the time either.  Hope you like it!~
BEFORE
I started off with my inspiration, that as I mentioned took me two days to figure it out.  I love when I see everyone adding burlap, fringe, beads, I really do like it, but that just was not me.......
I knew I liked this flower.....again whimsy and cute.....
So I started to paint little flowers all over.....First I painted the lamp my base colors, shade brown, base blue.
Still was a little blah.....I then added the center for added texture......
 
I then decided my lamp needed  a little belt...because I never leave home without a belt either, So I cut the inside of my pillow sham ever so carefully.....I then tied it around the base and fringed it up.....


I also never leave home without a necklace, so my lamp needed that too..........
And this is the guest bedroom in which it resides! I do not see lampshade design in my future, but I did have fun, and I will say it truly is a one of kind!~ THIS is the BEDROOM BEFORE my new curtain panels
 I had sheers and valances in here as you can see, and they never have been right or to my liking, it was time for  a simple change....I just love the AFTER
Af These are another line from Better home and gardens...they are fully lined, and where only 16.97 a panel...which is very reasonable in my opinion.


 As you can see the room is not that large.  I bought the little dresser here to put the TV on it for guests....I love it.  It is all hand painted and we purchased that at World Market for 79.00.  A little more than I like to pay, but the workmanship on it is so pretty, I could not pass it up....and look how fun it is in the room.
 
This beautiful round metal art work was purchased at Marshalls last year for 12.99...what a steal, and it is very unique.  I copied it from my Mom who bought one in Buffalo....I was lucky enough to have found one here.  I was thinking about painting it....perhaps my favorite blue.


This light that is above the TV....my husband bought for me many years ago.  When we lived in South Florida we would window shop down in Palm Beach...because that is all we could afford to do  down on Worth Ave.  Well I spotted this light, and loved it.  He surprised me for my Birthday one year, and I have cherished it ever since.  I had it in my kitchen in South Florida, and although it really does not go in here....I made it work.
My cousin bought me this special cross.  She lives in Arizona, and I just love this too!~ Can you tell I really love my stuff?  It all has such sentiment value to me really is all. You can also see my chair redo that I put in our guest room.
This sign is the first thing you see when you walk in the guest bedroom.  I regret to tell you all, I am booked for the entire summer.  You may be able to get in here come Fall.  Please check back:) Hope you enjoyed the tour, and my new lamp redo.
These are table candle sconces, that I thought would look cool as art work....they add a little unexpected to the wall.....I had the word art there already so I hung them flowing with the words.

Linking to some fun parties this week:
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com 
http://www.skiptomylou.org 
http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com 
http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com
http://thegirlcreative.blogspot.com  
http://www.finecraftguild.com 
http://allthingzrelated.blogspot.com
 http://thecsiproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/thecsiproject.com-logo-300.png 
The CSI project party
http://www.hopestudios.blogspot.com
http://www.domestically-speaking.com  
http://romantichome.blogspot.com
http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net 
http://thecsiproject.com 
http://todayscreativeblog.blogspot.com 
http://bluecricketdesign.net 
http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com 
http://www.lovinmylovebugs.blogspot.com 
http://733blog.blogspot.com 
http://thegirlcreative.blogspot.com 
http://nevergrowingold.blogspot.com 
http://designitchic.blogspot.com 
http://theletteredcottage.net 

 

Labels: ,

76 Comments:

Blogger linda said...

oh i love the lamp shade so you just dareling .Well you didnt mention those birds on the wall where did you get them i want them .And they might even look cute over the bed .And the idea to paint the metal flower is good i love the blue window panles too :)

July 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the changes. The lamp is so cute after you worked your debbie magic on it! The entire room is really cute!

July 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger Velvet Over Steel said...

Wow... just the little 'unique' changes make that lamp & room a one of a kind! Great work and ideas as always, Debbie! :-)

July 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

That room is AWESOME!! LuV the lampshade. YOU are amazing!! :)
Happy Sunday

July 25, 2010 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Debbie.. such a nice change to the lamp shade.. and the guest room is so relaxing.. nice job!
Sandy
thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

July 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger La said...

Your guests probably never want to leave! I love the way you used the table candle holders. Your lamp turned out lovely.

What a fun room! La

July 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger Jemsmom said...

Absolutely adorable... just like you!!!

July 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Very pretty! Can I come stay in your guest room!? hehe

July 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I'm on my way;)! Everything is so pretty! I love all of the changes!

Enjoy!
Cathy

July 25, 2010 at 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very you:) I love it and I love that bedding. It's ok, fall works for me.

xo
LeAnn

July 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger cheeky rose said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday Debbie, as usual you nevry fail to impress. Love love that wall art, would look great in my kitchen

July 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I love how you "dressed" your lamp shade. I think it was an excellent idea to have fun with it.

Your guest room looks so inviting. I don't wonder that you're booked for the rest of the summer!

The hanging lamp is gorgeous and so different!

July 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Love what you did with the lampshade Debbie! I really love the metal artwork. I haven't ever seen anything like it. It would look great painted in your favorite blue!
Hope you had a great weekend!

July 25, 2010 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Debbie, that lamp shade looks awesome and I can tell that was a lot of work. Good job. It looks great in your cute guest room. Those panels do look better.

July 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cuuuute lamp redo Debbie! Just love your ideas! cute room too!

July 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The room looks great! I love the light your husband got you for your b-day when you lived in Fl. Also, the lamp makeover looks fantastic and I love that is has a necklace. :)

July 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your guest room looks sooo inviting and cozy! Great job on your lamp! It looks very cute and unique! :o)

July 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea to redo the lamp! It turned out great. And I love all the unique pieces you have in the bedroom, so beautiful!

July 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Debbie, i don't feel like I really got to see the lamp! I am dyeing to get a good look. OK so your booked this summer, I will reserve earlier next year!

Carol

July 25, 2010 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger a.M. said...

Your lamp is H-O-T! Just like you, Debbie! I love that comforter too!!!

July 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Debbie I love your guest room! The quote over the bed says it all. It's such a warm and welcoming room and full of flair.

Your made the plain jane lamp shade look so delightful! I like that it is an extension of yourself. Fabulous!

July 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Booked all summer? Lucky guests. This would make any guest feel so welcome, I had better do a better job on my guestroom. Loved the lamp and the pillow too, did you do that? Everything is just gorgeous.

July 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Anita Diaz said...

Love the lamp!! But I must say the blue window panels made a huge change! Love those! It's all really warm and welcoming!

July 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

DEBBIE!!!! That lamp is the COOLEST thing i've ever seen!!! I LOVE every part of that room!!!! I also think the hanging light your hubby bought you while in Florida is PERFECT in there!!! GREAT job!!! ;)

July 25, 2010 at 11:39 PM  
Blogger Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Debbie~ your lamp re-do is so original and creative and absolutely perfect for your room! The space is so welcoming and cozy!

July 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger Tawny said...

So clever and crafty! Very inspiring!

July 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger The Barnett Family said...

OK, have a giveaway and let me WIN and send me your lamp! hehe Your shade is too die for. Totally you!!! One talented lady....

July 26, 2010 at 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

I am addicted to your blog and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all of your cute ideas. I HAVE to know where you got the bed cover!!! Did you buy it, make it? I have to have one just like it.... and cannot rest until I find one!!!! Your room is gorgeous!!!!!!!

July 26, 2010 at 3:15 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

What a fun, fun idea for changing up the lamp. You have some cute accessories in the room, you little Bohemian hippie! I really like all the patterns you've brought together in the furnishings. Thanks for sharing your vacation pics with us. Oh, and those shoes of your FIL- oh dear is all I can say!!! LOL

July 26, 2010 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger Debbiedoos said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. The bedding came from World Market, if you do not have one near you, you can go on line. Thanks again.

July 26, 2010 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Everything perfect, the drapes huge improvement. The ceramic light goes perfect over the TV chest. Great job

July 26, 2010 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Laura S Reading said...

I have to tell you, from personal experience, hippies are not at all tidy and pulled together.
I really like the flowers onthe lamp made with jute or twine.

I think your guest room needs a guest book for people to show their appreciation.

July 26, 2010 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Debbie that lamp rocks! I love how you put your personality into it. That is just terrific!!! Nice changes to the room. I am amazed at how those panels make the room look more inviting. Great changes!

July 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

What a fun room, Debbie! Love what you did to the lamp. It went from boring to brilliant! The room looks like a nice place to visit!

July 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Chicago Chic said...

Your lampshade is beautiful! You are so creative! xoxo

July 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger southerninspiration said...

You are SO creative! Love your guest room!

Suzanne

July 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

That looks fantastic! It has you written all over it:) I love your little cabinet!

July 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Ms. Bake-it said...

Great job Debbie! Love your very unique lamp shape! I also like how you used the table sconces on the wall with the word art.

~ Tracy

July 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Momma Fargo said...

Awesome, Debbie! I love your guest bedroom. I'll be there in 5 minutes to stay for a week or so. Do you serve tea?

LOL. You are very talented and guests I bet love to stay there.

July 26, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Loved what you did with the lamp,Deb!!

Great job!!

And the rest of the room looks fantastic!!

I missed the party last weekend but I plan on being back this coming weekend!!

Debbie

July 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Kelle Dame said...

I love seeing how you translated your inspiration into this lamp. Great project! I really love the cabinet that the tv is on and that whitish iron decor piece for the wall. cool!

July 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

you are definitely the queen of lamps. inspirational!!

yes, i agree with everybody: they are great!

so....
come link your lamp and other tutorials up with us so our readers can find you:
http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-7/
(new party, every wednesday, findable from our home page)

we love to feature you,
rose

July 26, 2010 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger cleanfreak said...

Hi Deb! My computer has been down as my phone and TV too. Bad modem! Cable guy was here Yesterday for 3 hrs. and still had issues so back tonightwith another fix and we are up and running!.Had to check in on Facebook and Debbiedoos! lamp shades are so fun to do and No 2 are alike. I did a couple fun ones and then made some Roman shades with fabric and ribbon straps. Did one in a guys home with belts used as the tie straps .
I sure do like the panels you added. Aquas and blues are my thing these days. Doing that in master bed and bath and Yes I did my black and white and of course a bit of the green in the kitchen and living room. With touches of light aqua to flow through. cant wait to be done . Then again, maybe not. Its fun getting thrifty and nifty isnt it?

July 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

room is lovely...I love that wall quote and have the very same over my front door! Cute lamp makeover, too

July 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lamp is adorable. What a happy, lively room. Are you taking reservations?

July 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger The Decorative Dreamer said...

Debbie this room is sooo cute and inviting! It is so upbeat too! I cannot imagine a guest who wouldn't feel welcomed and happy staying here! Great job on the lampshade! It is totally YOU! Your new drapes look fabulous, but I have to say the whole room is so well coordinated! Everything is so unique and interesting but yet all goes together perfectly. It's just wonderful!

July 26, 2010 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger the cape on the corner said...

i am in love with that bedding! looks great.

July 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger the cape on the corner said...

i am in love with that bedding! looks great.

July 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I think lamp shade design could be in your future! This is so creative and so good looking. I love the light hanging over the t.v. too. the new draperies are so pretty. No wonder you are booked up all summer. This is such a fun and happy guest room. Your guests may never leave. "Peace Out"! laurie

July 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

You are the coolest, no-rules, do-what-I-like decorator I know! You inspire me to think outside the box!
I love it all!

July 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger xinex said...

Your guest room is awesome, so much fun to look at! The lamp is so cute and your other aacessories as well. Love the beddings too....Christine

July 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I love how you pulled everything together, Debbie. It's warm and welcoming and eclectic. All things I love.

July 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Hey Debbie, so disappointed that your booked this summer. But its okay because we are vacationing down in SC 1st week in August. The rental house is actually decorated very nicely...i'll blog about it of course. I truly love your style, I imagine your guests are very comfortable in that room. I think the floral metal wall art would be great in blue. I also love the bedding and of course the cross. You did an amazing job on the lampshade, it definately has character and thats all that matters....love the blue base!

July 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb: Feel free to take the pumpkin idea...I love tealights just about anywhere...and why not in a coffee dyed pumpkin...

July 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

The lamp looks wonderful, Debbie and so does your guest room!

July 27, 2010 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Cute lamp shade!! you did an awesome job and I love how you pulled the room together. looks like a great room to be a guest in! Love your choice of colors :)

July 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger VIRG @ WASTE NOT WANT KNOT said...

I adore your room! And the lamp shade transformations are great!

July 27, 2010 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

that room is amazing! I love the bedding!

July 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

oooh... i love your bedroom. I want to follow you,but can't see where to?? I don't want to lose track of this website...

July 28, 2010 at 12:39 AM  
Blogger KimMalk said...

How fun, Debbie, it really fits the mood of the room now. I like all of your other pieces too, esp. that light fixture from Miami :).

July 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Am I invited to your beautiful guest room? That room could get big bucks on the Bed & Breakfast circuit!

July 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Wow, wow, wow!

Love all of that!

Deb, you're so fun and creative!

July 28, 2010 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Holly Lefevre said...

I love your things too...you have such a great style. Your home looks so warm and inviting. The lampshade is fabulous!

July 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

I love Everything in your guest bedroom, especially the holy cross and the decoration over the bed and your lamp. Very nice!!

July 29, 2010 at 5:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Way to dress up that lamp shade! Nice to have you join us for another Anything Related! ~Bridgette

July 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger That Girl's Deals said...

Wow great stuff, I love the lamp shades!

I am your newest follower from boost your blog!

Hope you will visit at www.thatgirlsdeals.com

July 30, 2010 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger LakeMom said...

Really cute room! You're guests must feel right at home!
Following you from Follow Friday. Can't wait to explore your blog!

LakeMom
www.SurvivingMotherhoodwithHumor.com
www.GuidetoCollegeLife.com

July 30, 2010 at 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love your blog!! Found you on Never Grow Old and I am your newest follower!!

July 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I'm one of your newest follower from Friendly Friday Follow!

http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com

July 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Emma B. said...

I'm your newest follower from the Friday blog hop! I LOVE your blog, your designs are so cute!

http://cheapskate4life.blogspot.com

July 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wowie! I love how fabulous your site is! I am in the beginning stages of redecorating my office area in my house with just $10 in my pocket...okay I do have a little more than that, but I do love the tips you are giving here on the lamps.

Visiting from Follow Friday 40 and Over and is a new follower of your blog through Google Connect.

Please stop by sometime and visit my blog at www.styleingenuity.com.

Cheers!
Shelli :)

July 30, 2010 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Greetings from Texas! Wow, I just found you via Follow Friday! Your blog rocks and I can't wait to catch up on it!

Xoxo!
Meg

July 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

So colorful and fun!!
I am now following you through
Follow Friday 40+!!
Peggy Gorman
http://pegsplay.blogspot.com/

July 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger x said...

Hi! Love the lamp! I'm following your from Boost my blog Friday.
KimD
www.themomstandard.com

July 30, 2010 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous New Jersey Memories said...

You are so creative! Must be lots of fun!

I'm visiting and following you from FF 40+ Blog Hop!

http://www.newjerseymemories.com

July 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Doreen McGettigan said...

You are so creative. I have been inspired. We are about to switch my office into our guest room and the guest room into the office. I need to totally re do both. I am looking at my ugly lamps and thinking..I can do that..
I am a new visitor and follower from Over 40 FF. I hope when you get the chance you will stop by for a visit.
doreenmcgettigan.blogspot.com/ they say everyone has a story...

August 2, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home