window.location.replace("http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/?b2w=http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2011/04/recipes-family-and-party-central-going.html"); -->

This Page

has been moved to new address

Recipes, family, and Party central going on!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Debbiedoo's: Recipes, family, and Party central going on!

Debbiedoo's

Diy, thrifty home decor decorating ideas on a budget. Painting furniture, stenciling projects. Turning trash to treasure.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Recipes, family, and Party central going on!

Hi gals! Break time is over.
First a HUGE,HUGE thank you for all your lovely comments, emails, and face book messages regarding my families big debut in Country Woman Magazine! 
They mean more to me than you will ever know!
XO!
A few days off  from blogging does you good, refreshes you! I am ready full force here.....

Our family visit was spectacular as always.
Mike and his Dad reconnecting after almost 20 years has been an amazing time for all of us.
Lotta love there, and great times we are sharing together.
Couple things to fill you in on.
Country Woman Magazine is coming to our home on April 26th...
yes, just that fast.
The publication will be out August/ September.
They required some info on my end, such as family names, how we bought our home,
what we have done to change things, a little about my blog,
and they want three recipes we love to share in the summer.
This is actually my husbands recipe that we make often for when entertaining..Bruschetta
I think we have come up with them and I will share with you as well in the future.
Today I am just sharing some pretty pictures of food and a little of the dining area.
Something I want to stress to newbies.....

You never know who will stumble across your blog.  When you link to parties, there are actually editors and magazines that may stumble across your post. It does not matter if you are a big blog  a small blog, a new blog or an old blog...
If you have good content, good pictures, tutorials, etc...that may be exactly what they are looking for.
I know gals get discouraged when they link to parties and don't receive a lot of comments, after all that is what most of us love, feedback and interaction. However, keep in mind you are sharing your passions, whether it be cooking, writing, decorating, photography,crafting,decorating etc...you are sharing it and people are looking, and you never know who it is.
I never would have dreamed of that phone call.  Some of my facebook friends asked me if I entered a contest, or submitted something...the answer is NO!   
The reality is, that is their jobs, to find material for their magazine, so yours just could be next...
 Always do your best, and be the best that you can be.....that goes for everyday life.
Who knows you may just be discovered on Debbiedoo's party links! So link up!!~
I see some great content every week and am amazed at the talents out here.

Here are my party guidelines:
Blogging six months or less and/or less than 100 followers.
If you are NOT  a friend of mine, I would certainly love for you to be.
Have fun!
 By the time Country woman Magazine does come, all our trees will be in full bloom. We never covered this back window, because it acts as a beautiful scenic back drop.
We have lots of birds, deer, squirrels, etc...
Have fun at the party.
ONE MORE THING:
If you see your link is gone...OOPS you did not follow my guidelines.  I deleted around 15 links last week.
This is not a general craft party, this is not a link and leave party.
This is a newbie party to make new friends..I love when I see you girls visiting and connecting with one another ..that is the point of it! I really love when I see my older readers participating and making new friends as well, so thank you all for the support of the party!

Be sure to pop back in tomorrow as a I have a wonderful giveaway coming up.
Anyone know Lisa Leonard? I bet you do...and if you don't you will want to see her beautiful jewelery...so stay tuned!

Joining
Susan for her MM party



Labels: , ,

46 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Wow, that IS fast!! I'm so happy for you!
That bruschetta looks so delicious!
Glad you had a nice visit with the family.
Have a great week! :)

April 10, 2011 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Jem said...

Congratulations, Debbie!! Well done - how exciting!! :-)

So pleased you had a great weekend with family!

Jem xXx

April 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for hosting the party:) I am so looking forward to your magazine debut. I can say I knew you before you were famous LOL

April 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

I'm so excited for you! Don't you think it's best that they just come on over now and not have to wait? The house and yard will be a knockout we know ~ and oh my, this bruschetta looks to die for! I'll bring the wine and be right over.

Have a wonderful week ~
xo
Pat

April 10, 2011 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger SPARROW said...

Congratulations!!! Your comments about pictures, blogs is true. What I see on someones blog is what makes me want to continue following them. Your blog is AWESOME!!!!!
lAURIE

April 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

This is exciting for you, the magazine feature....that's in a couple of weeks, they didn't waste any time. Thanks for hosting, have a great week. Diane

April 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

How exciting for you...and glad your family visit went well. You bruschetta looks absolutely delicious. Wish I could just pick one off the picture and eat it! Thanks again for hosting!
Marianne :)

April 10, 2011 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

You're right Debbie - you never know who is reading our blog. I had HGTV call me last August. Best of luck to you!

Btw, that food looks delish! I wish your blog was scratch and sniff :-)

April 10, 2011 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger ~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you had a nice visit! I sure do miss my family! I'm excited about the photo shoot! I know you are, too! And I'll be here to see your post on Lisa's jewelry! I have some on my wish list! ♥

April 10, 2011 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Debbie - Thanks again for hosting this fun party. I've met many new bloggers through linking up. Congratulations on the magazine shoot! How exciting for you. :)

April 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie Dear! I'm still so excited for you about the magazine! You're just amazing and that's they found you! You have endless energy and you're as cute as a button too! ;)
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

April 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Daniella said...

Let me start by saying your home is so beautiful!!
AND, I am so freaked out to think that someone can find me from my blog!! How awesome is that??? AMAZING!!
I am linked and loaded!! Paid homage to you on my post!! because you rule!

And how wonderfu for your husband to reconnect with his family after so many years!! Awesome!

April 10, 2011 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger NanaDiana said...

HEY- Who you calling an OLDER READER?;>)

Congrats again, Deb, on being picked to do this spread. I can't wait to see it! How is your hubby feeling about it? It is stressful but it will be so worth it! xxoo Diana

April 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a lot going on! congratulations!! and thanks for the party, yours very truly newbie :)

April 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Sanlea said...

How wonderful for you, Debbie, good luck. Thanks for having the linky thing, I just tell myself, I did it I did it. And you made it so easy. Thanks so much. Sandy

April 10, 2011 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hey Debbie so glad you had a wonderful time with your family's visit! Your table looks beautiful! Thanks for hosting again my friend, Martina

April 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Sorry Debbie, I somehow put my picture up twice! I can't figure out how to delete it!!

Looking forward to the party this week!

April 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Those guys don't waste time! That is so exciting.I'm glad you had a good family visit and that bruschetta looks yummy. Thanks for hosting us newbies. I missed the last two so I'm glad to be back.

April 10, 2011 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Congratulations on your magazine feature...good things come to good people. You are so generous with your time by hosting this Newbie Party every week. I'm so happy for you. Please don't have a nervous breakdown before the crew shows up! ~Ann

April 10, 2011 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Wow, you'll just be over Easter and the magazine folks will be knocking at your door! Very exciting!

April 10, 2011 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Here On Crow Creek said...

Debbie this is so exciting! Congratulations hun! I just know those magazine people are going to love you as much as we all do!

April 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Sounds exciting! Enjoy it. I would running around cleaning every corner and closet, LOL!

April 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh boy Debbie, there's that mom thing in you again:)

I'm so excited about your house being in a magazine!!! And you're right, you just never know when something big could happen...although if it happened to me I'd go and hide in my closet and tell Kyran to hang up the phone:)

The food looks yummy, I love bruschetta!

April 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Erika . . . with a K said...

I am so excited for you! That bruschetta looks amazing!

April 10, 2011 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Debbie :) I added your button to my blog. I just got my scentsy bricks in on Friday & I'm already hooked. I'm already planning out the next scents I want to order. I'll probably go with the six back & even order a plug in or two.

Thanks for hosting the newbie party. I'm still getting used to the blogging world.

April 10, 2011 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Debbie, that bruschetta looks so good. I wish my hubby helped cook, but no. So exciting about the photo shoot!

April 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge congratulations, so excited for you! And btw your husband's bruschetta looks oh so delicious. Would LOVE a taste :)

April 10, 2011 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Thanks Debbie for the party- and I'm super excited for you and Country Woman's visit! So cool!

April 10, 2011 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your husband is soooo perfect! That is my favorite appetizer! Debbie I meant to ask, is the magazine based in the Carolinas or are they flying photographers in.....OHHHH that's impressive! One more thing, subscriptions come out before newstands, so if you don't subscribe, do it now so you will get a magazine right away. Some magazines send you complimentary copies, but some like Romantic Homes do not. Just saying!!

Carol

April 10, 2011 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Grannys Attic said...

So happy you are back but glad you enjoyed time with family. I know you are so excited and I can't wait to see the magazine, so I can show/tell everyone I know you! FAMOUS DEBBIE Yes yes yes! Thanks for hosting the party. Hugs, Vicky

April 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awesome news, Debbie. I'm so excited for you. I'll look forward to the feature. Off to visit some of your newbies. ~ Sarah

April 11, 2011 at 12:32 AM  
Blogger Terriea Kwong said...

Looking forward to the issue. Your home is so cozy and you're full of inspiration to make a prefect home. Thanks for the newbie link.

April 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie
I take bloggy breaks every weekend, beginning Fridays or late Thursday. I don't get around blogland much over the weekend, so I am just now finding out about Country Woman. Congratulations, this is wonderful news! Can't wait to hear more.

And...the bruschetta looks delicious!!

April 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks again this week for hosting! I look forward to it every week!

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

April 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations!! I'll definitely look out for the article in the coming months. :) :)

Thanks for hosting!

Lisa
http://chicmagnifique.blogspot.com

April 11, 2011 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger laxsupermom said...

Wow! That IS fast! You must be going nuts with the prep for the shoot. Can't wait to see the behind-the-scenes stuff with the magazine shoot. The bruschetta looks fantastic.

April 11, 2011 at 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - how exciting! That is too cool, a magazine!! I'm new here... been blogging for under six months so I joined your linky party. Thanks for hosting and I'll go and check out others that have linked up!

April 11, 2011 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Rini said...

Hi Debbie! Congratulations dear! I always say hard work pays off! You do an amazing job, that magazine is lucky to feature you. :)

I don't know if I am the only fashion blog around here... :) Anyways, I have posted my first review on a beauty product, which was a lot of fun an I will surely continue to do them! :)

I find so many amazing blogs here, I get inspired to do my own diys at home, amazing party each Monday!

April 11, 2011 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger The French Hutch said...

Bruschetta, one of my favorites, I served this past weekend too. Your pictures are great, its looks delicious.......Thanks for hosting the party, great idea.

~Emily
The French Hutch

April 11, 2011 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger How To said...

That is exciting news! Can't wait to see the article. :)

April 11, 2011 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger How To said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 11, 2011 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Alexandrea said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS!! How exciting for you. You're gonna be a SSSTAAAAAR!! ;) I can see why they chose you, your kitchen is magnificent!!
Oh, and I just linked up to your Newbie party for the very first time (I'm so proud...that I figured out how, hehe) and I wanted to tell you thank you for helping us Newbies out. You're awesome!!
See you again soon. Have a fabulous week!!

April 11, 2011 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Sanlea said...

Hi Debbie, Got your link to show up on my blog correctly. One more thing learned. So exciting!!!

April 12, 2011 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

Hey Debbie -- that is super great news about the magazine. Cant wait to see it. I joined your newbie party.. i hope i read the guidelines correctly.

April 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Grammy Goodwill said...

What a great link up party. If I ever get my blog going, I'll come back and link up. Thanks for doing this.

April 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sorry I am late...thank you so much for having me...will put your button on the sidebar...coming back after working and getting the meatballs ready!

April 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home